Lakme Just Kissed Cheek & Lip Tint - Review Update

Some of you may have read my earlier post where I completely dissed out Lakme Just Kissed Cheek & Lip Tint.

The other day I was going through the contents of my make-up bag when I perchance came upon this. I felt so disappointed since I had very high hopes from this product when I had bought it. Only to get very splotchy results.
On a lark I decided to give this another shot. And this time around I did not follow the given instructions of “dab in spots over cheek  and gently rub in”. Instead I took a tiny, small drop directly on the tip of my index finger, and rubbed it into my cheek apple.
And Wham, there it was the subtle, natural, rosy, pinkish glow on the cheek that Lakme had been advertising. I tried it on the other cheek to get the same results. This was on Saturday. Since then I have been using this gel with this technique every single day to get the same results.
Which makes this again “The best Blush I have ever tried!”  
The problem I think is that this gel sinks in just too fast, so by the time you apply it to the cheek and get around to rubbing it in, it has already sunk it to give you pink leopard spots.


& it also served as a reminder that I need not always stick to the instructions given by the company. They may serve well for make-up artists, but aren’t always the best for a lay-person.


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Comments

  1. The best blush u've ever tried u say?? Then maybe I should try it too!
    ♥XX♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ CZ: Yea.. it is for me atleast.. coz I really don't like powder blushes. They don't suit my skin, rub off easily, don't last the entire office day of 8 hours and look un-natural in the humid, muggy weather of Mumbai..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Btw, how is it compared to The Body Shop lip n cheek tint??? Haven't tried that either

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey CZ!! Sorry for the multiple comments.. Net went a little wonkers..

    Am yet to use the body shop tint for my cheeks. I just use it on my lips, and over there compared to Lakme it is much much better. It dries a little slowly, is more watery & easy to spread, gives a very even color and is very buildable in layers. Plus it moisturises. The Lakme one however is no good on the lips. It is blotchy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL ;) never follow the instructions, professionals shd not follow that either, accd. to me. If I were a prof. I wouldnt surely follow them. Thats wat makes u a prof. be creative in ur own way :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yea Divija, u r right.. work out our own way of getting the best outta cosmetics is the way to go..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey! Thank you for taking the time out to add your valuable comment. I will revert as soon as possible.

COMMENT MODERATION POLICY FOR ADDICTED TO BLUSH BLOG

I delete blatant self-promotion and comments where it is clear the post material was not carefully read. If you are not going to bother to engage with the post, I am not going to bother posting your comment.

I also delete ALL comments with links - even if the link is to your blog.

Don't be mean to other commentators - it serves no purpose other than showcase your own personality in a bad light.

Popular Posts