NYX Cream Blush in Red Cheeks - Review

Original Article (24th November 2008), for update scroll below: I have been looking for cream blush with the same intensity as that of a bunny looking for a suitable mate. I looked high and low, in Streetwear and in Lakme, in Revlon and in VOV. But it seems that all companies have decided that the powder blush is the way to go for us people.

Why the quest for a cream blusher?

Personally I think that the powder blush looks all very dollish and the 70s - Jaya Pradha. It's alright for use at night but during the day a cream blush is more natural and dewy. How do I know this? I have been using a lipstick as my blush for the past two years now with pretty good results, so I decided time to get the pro.
My quest landed me at New Beauty Center where I finally found --- Drum Rolls--- NYX Cream Blush... costing a whopping 500 rupees for 6 gms(gagging sound)..


To be fair, Maybelline did have a cream blush at a lower price, and it was perfect for use if you are planning to be the "Shiny Disco Ball" at the next few events.

Why Maybelline insists on putting pot loads of leprechaun glitter in all of it's cosmetics is a mystery and deserves a post by itself.

Description unavailableComing back to the NYX Blush, all the lady had was two shades - Red Cheeks and some bronzy thing. I bought the Red one, it went on so lovely, so creamy on my hand and gave the most healthy pink blush.. I loved it.

Cut to two weeks later: I realize that the line between "OMG!!, why is my skin drinking up all the blush! There is no dewy pinkish glow to my cheeks!"

and

"OMG!! I look like a clown. Aaaagghhh.. SOS foundation."

is as porous as paper. This is not good, especially if it happens to you on a Monday Morning..

Yes, the cream blush is hard work ladies. Apply, blend, blend, blend.. and blend some more. I was quite the sour puss over having spent so much money over this, until I found that this is an excellent lip stain. (Yay!! Yay!!)

Gyan: Lip Stain for those not in the know, is as elusive in India as the Cream Blush. A lip stain as the name implies is a a long lasting lip color. It does not come off easily.

Now you will say what is the difference between this and long-lasting lipstick?
The lip stain looks so natural that it will be difficult for people to know that you are not the eternal Goddess of utterly kissable natural pink lips but a closet lip-stainer.

So for now, it seems that I will go back to the lipstick to provide color to my cheeks, and to the cream blusher to stain my lips..

Until next time,
Stay Gorgeous.
Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments

  1. god i am desperately looking for nyx products in india. is the entire range available at new beauty centre? i have seen its ads in magazines, but i want to be sure. sad that i now live in delhi! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! The entire range is available in New Beauty Center in Mumbai :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my dear god! i was born in bombay and moved to delhi about a decade ago. i have GOT to come to bombay, hopefully it will happen this year! and i LOOVE nyx :(

    youre lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Rima: I love NYX too! I just can't get enough of their eyeshadows and cream blushes! I look forward to yr trip to Bombay :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are u still using this as a lip stain..???

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Simran: sometimes! Though now i have got the hang of it I do use it as a blush, but only in the night. Hot Pink & Tea Rose look more natural during the day :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey! Thank you for taking the time out to add your valuable comment. I will revert as soon as possible.

COMMENT MODERATION POLICY FOR ADDICTED TO BLUSH BLOG

I delete blatant self-promotion and comments where it is clear the post material was not carefully read. If you are not going to bother to engage with the post, I am not going to bother posting your comment.

I also delete ALL comments with links - even if the link is to your blog.

Don't be mean to other commentators - it serves no purpose other than showcase your own personality in a bad light.

Popular Posts